FERRETTI 720 “BAND OF GYPSIES“
Few yachting brands are as instantly recognizable, with those stern, straight-edged windows, the creamy gelcoat, strong horizontals, and cantilevered upper decks. Never a high-volume builder, but always an arbiter of engineering and build quality, Ferretti builds yachts that exude confidence and authority.
All the best brands allow their style to evolve, but with its new 720, Ferretti is doing something more ambitious. This boat seems to have skipped a couple of generations in the evolutionary process. I caught up with the first one in early-season Rapallo, just down the Italian coast from Genoa. It’s a resort town with all the classic attributes—grand hotel, mountain backdrop, and a sheltered sweep of sandy bay complete with a picture-postcard castle at one end.
- Ref.nr: SI151051 Hull material: Polyester
- Dimensions: 22.00m x 57m x 1.85m Yard: Ferretti Group
- Cruising speed: 30 Knots Designer: Ferretti AYT/Zuccon International
- Year built: 2012 Location: Phuket, Thailand
- Displacement: 48 Tons VAT status: VAT not paid
- Engine: 2 x MTU 10V 2000 M93